Immigrants Make America Great
Non-immigrant individuals who have entered the United States legally, for instance on a temporary visa, and wish to change their status to a legal immigrant and be eligible to apply for a green card have a pathway to reach this goal via a process called “Adjustment of Status”. Completing the application process and meeting the requirements can help you to become a permanent resident if that is what you desire. However, the process can be tricky if you are not familiar with the law. To simplify things and prevent overwhelm, it would be wise to get legal help from an experienced attorney.
At the Law Office Of Hari Heerekar, our Adjustment of Status attorney can help you determine your eligibility for this special provision and walk you through the steps needed to successfully file an application and change your status without having to leave the country. We are proud to serve nonimmigrants and immigrant residents of Los Angeles, Van Nuys, and across the nation. Whether you are a visitor that wishes to permanently reside here or find yourself in need of changing your status after being detained, we will be happy to help.
What is an Adjustment of Status?
According to the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), an adjustment of status is an application that can be filed by a foreign national in the country temporarily to change their status from a non-immigrant to a lawful permanent resident. Successful filing and approval of this application earns the individual a green card, allowing them to live and work indefinitely in the United States as a legal permanent resident.
To be eligible for adjustment of status, you:
- Must be physically present in the U.S.
- Must have entered the country legally
- Have already received approval for a visa petition (such as a family or work visa)
- Are not facing pending removal proceedings
- Do not have a criminal record
- You must remain eligible for permanent residency during the application process
In some cases, illegal immigrants can also apply for adjustment of status, provided they meet certain criteria. In order to ensure the best chance for a successful filing and approval, we advise you to contact our legal team to set up a free consultation. We will review your situation, advise you on the steps you need to take, and navigate you through the difficulties of the process.
How Attorney Heerekar Can Help
Our dedicated and compassionate attorneys are well versed in adjustment of status cases and have the experience to help you take the necessary steps to be a legal resident. Hundreds have clients have benefitted from our knowledge and unique perspective and we are certain that you will too.
People across Los Angeles choose us because:
- We can relate: Being an immigrant himself, Attorney Heerekar has first-hand experience and knows the immigration process well.
- We have a proven track record: Our over 850 victorious cases have resulted in our firm receiving multiple “Best Law Firm” awards in Los Angeles.
- We speak your language: Not an English speaker? No problem. We can fluently speak Spanish, Russian, Punjabi, Hindi, and Arabic. You can confidently speak your mind with us and be understood.
- We are local: Our office is located in Los Angeles, allowing us to conveniently help clients throughout the city, Van Nuys, Santa Ana, and surrounding areas.
Contact The Law Office Of Hari Heerekar Today
The process of being granted an adjustment of status can be a complicated process that requires appropriate documentation and skilled legal counsel. There are a lot of steps involved, but the most important one is the first—reaching out to us. Let’s work together to make your dream of being a legal resident in America a reality.
"I can say that he is now my friend for life more than being my attorney, so if you’re looking for a lawyer, Mr. Hari is the best choice and I would recommend him for everyone."Ghaithi A.
"I can say I'm satisfied with the way they are handling my case and will recommend to anyone who needs a reliable lawyer."Njoukon J.
"He is a reliable lawyer, he helped me with my immigration case and he and his work team always answer each of your questions, and are always on the lookout for your case"Belgica P.
Spanish, Russian, Punjabi, Hindi, & Arabic Speaking Services Available
Payment Plans Available
Experience as a Lawyer & Judge